||windgirls-word wrap: Claudia Rankel, AUT-33
||She spends every free minute in
winter working. Her goal: Being able to afford a long summer-windsurfing holiday. Because:
"I can't imagine that life CAN get better than it is with windsurfing."
nationality: Austria /
- sponsors: Starboard, Hot Sails Maui, Dakine, Camaro
- windsurfing since:
- I learned it in 1988 on the Austrian Lakes and Lake Garda
- best results so far:
PWA freestyle Grand Prix on Lake Neusiedl, Austria was my first competition (9th place)
favorite discipline: wave
favorite move: table
favorite windsurfing spot:
Fuerteventura (North), Pozo Izquierdo, Ho'okipa
best music: any kind;
at the moment Latino sound and Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- last book you have read:
books for university...
- best film: The Matrix
- best food:
best drink: white russian
- Who are your models in windsurfing?
- the radical performance of Jason Polakow, the flow of Cisco Goya and
- of course - the style of Robby Naish!
- What causes you fear?
getting hurt in any sport so I couldn't windsurf anymore... But I try to switch off fear
doing different kinds of jumps
- What makes you laugh?
- Drinking-stories about people who were not aware of
what they were doing anymore
- Windsurfing better than sex?
- Depends on the conditons but it's possible!!!
- With whom would you like to spend an evening?
- Keanu Reeves
- Is the sport of windsurfing a macho-sport?
- When I look at some guys - yes! But for me personally it is just the
most challenging sport.
- What do you like about the
- Simply that we have it! We need to get more attention great!
- Three tips for GIRLS who want to learn
1. You don't need new equipment. There are lots of used & cheap
equipment being sold. Look around!
- 2. Spend as much time as possible on the water as long as you have
the time to do so.
- It's necessary to make progress at all!
- 3. It's necessary to regard this sport as a lifestyle...