- Julia, on the move
Julia Deutsch has been going through a lot of stages in her life and
career. From being a beginner in windsurfing through being a pro sailor on the PWA
freestyletour all the way to live her life on Maui being a professional sports and
lifestyle photographer and still enjoying windsurfing intensively. As such she built
up a strong and excellent reputation over the years and can count herself to the top
windsurfing photographers in the world.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- date of birth: 09-09-1975
- nationality: Austrian
- profession: professional sports and
lifestyle photographer; (although sports instructor for handicapped people is what I
- sponsors: Naish Sails/Boards,
- When did you learn how to windsurf? 1998
- best results so far:
- being an active prosailor on the PWA freestyletour
for 3 years and enjoying windsurfing at all times
- favorite discipline: a little bit of everything - jumping, waveriding,
kind of jumps
- favorite move:
at the moment Maui but basically everywhere where there is
wind and some waves!
- favorite windsurfing spot:
Differs to my moods... so a lot of different kinds
and styles of music
- best music:
The Lord of the Rings, working on the DaVinci Code right now
- last book youīve read:
Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings
best food: Japanese,Thai, Indian, Italian, Mexican
best drink: White Russian, Whiskey Red Bull
- best film:
Everybody has got a unique style of sailing - all these
people are models.
- Who are your models in windsurfing?
- What causes you fear? any war
- What makes you laugh? good friends and films
- With whom would you like to spend an
- anybody I like to hang out with
- Windsurfing - better than sex? Why?
- Hmm, they both feel good, but in different ways -
if you know what I mean?! I donīt want to miss out on both and therefore I see
no reason compare them
- Is the sport of windsurfing a
- Sometimes yes and sometimes no. It really depends on the
place you are at. But in general I would say No.
That itīs a "girls-only" mag. No guys allowed or
shown. It prevents you with all the latest news and pics of whatīs going on in the
world of womenīs windsurfing!
- What do you like about windgirls.com
- What do you think about the
- Itīs an ok thing, but as I have been on that tour for 3
years I have to say that it is a bit pricy and I think they donīt put a lot of effort in
for the women on tour. Maybe itīs going to be an awesome year in 2004 because
thereīre a lot of new faces and comer-up girls. Weīll see!
- Three tips for GIRLS who want to
- 1. donīt let your boyfriend teach you
- 2. go and take professional lessons for the start
- 3. do it for the fun of it and never forget that reason no
matter how good you get