where do you live:
Curacao, Dutch Antilles
- windsurfing since?
- I started 3 years ago in Bonaire. When I was there on
vacation one of the best vacations I ever had!!!! And I will never forget it!! Why? My dad
used to windsurf and he wanted to teach us at Bonaire.
- how much competitons till now and which?
- Bonaire regatta 3 times (race),Curacao regatta 2 ( race )
times,amateur KOTC freestyle, KOTC pro freestyle
- are you satisfied with your 6th
place at the worldcup in Bonaire?
- YES !! didn`t expect 6 place so very happy!! My first time
competing in a worldcup was great but I was a little bit nervous the first heats but then
it was ok. It`s a wonderfull experience...
- how did you like the week at the
worldcup in Bonaire (people, organisation, competition...)?
- The people in Bonaire are very nice and kind. The organisation
was good, proffesional. The competition was great. The first days a lot of
action but then the wind died so no more windsurfing at the end.
- do you want to compete more
- Yes I would really like yo but have to train more and here
on Curacao the wind is very light so not much training
- what do you think about the twins
- I don`t know the twins very well but I do think they are
very good and I give them respect for there windsurfing. Karin I think is a very nice
person and I also give my respect for her windsurfing, she is very good!!
- favorite move: Don`t really have one. I like body drag sometimes a lot.
- on which move are you training:
volcan but I wanted to train it a long time ago but
you know because of the wind I still didn`t really train for it so now its more light wind
school...windsurfing...competition. I still have to
be in school for 2 more years and in the meantime I keep on windsurfing. After that we
will see. Next competition I haven`t planned yet.
- what are your plans for the future:
- how often are you windsurfing: Every time there is wind... but we dont have a lot here, so...
- do you have other hobbies?
- sometimes I go wakeboarding, skateboard, knieboard, tennis
- why do you think that not so much
girls are doing windsurfing?
- Because a lot of them give up very fast or maybe because the
equipment is expensive. I`m not sure.
- 3 tipps to girls who want to learn
- just go for it if you want to learn,Dont give up and dont
care what other people say or think about you!!! Good Luck.
- What you always wanted to say?
- It`s all about the feeling inside!