- Photographing. (Kite)Surfing.
|"It's great to see girls getting
recognized in a good and professional way." This was what Tracy Kraft said when she
first got in touch with windgirls.com magazine. Tracy, 30 years old and American born, is
working as a freelance photographer on Maui.
friend, professional kiteboarder Nina Heiberg ("Nina is truely a star in all
ways"), Tracy not only spends time on the water, but also travelling and
photographing. Photos from her trip to Namotu/Fiji with Nina have been one of our recent
highlights (find the link below) for sure. Tracy says: "Nina and I had such a great
time shooting the Fiji trip." Learn more about the woman behind the lens.
- date of birth: 12-06-1973
sponsors: no sponsors, but I usually ride with Cabrinha gear and Jimmy Lewis
- when and where did you learn
kitesurfing: 2 years ago at kitebeach Maui,
taking a lesson with Martin Kirk of KSM
- favorite discipline: exercise
- favorite move:
- favorite kitesurfing spot: Namotu Fiji, kitebeach Maui
last book you
have read: digital photography
- best music: Jack Johnson, Nelly, Ben Harper, Eminem
- best film: meet the parents with Robert DeNiro and Ben Stiller
- best food:
- best drink:
- Who are your models in sports?
- For female Nina Heiberg. She´s the first girl that I saw
kiting ... she rips. She has great style and to go with it an amazing personality. She´s
a great friend. For male Elliot Leboe. He all around charges and has a super cool attitude
about what he does. He´s a pretty cool boyfriend too.
What causes you fear? spiders
What makes you laugh? SUGAR
Kitesurfing better than sex?
- With whom would you like to spend an
- My grandmas whom I never got to meet
- Is the sport of kitesurfing a
macho-sport? I don´t think
so, no. It can be whatever you make of it!
- What do you think about the
PWA-tour? not familiar with it
- What do you like about the windgirls
- A website of all GIRLS. Andy, you are a smart guy!!! Need
say no more.
- Three tips for GIRLS who want to
- 1) Take a lesson! It is good to know the general safety
rules and to get familiar with the gear.
- 2) Charge, just go for it. You never know until you try!
- 3) Wear board shorts that you can tie on!