- Poland in Pozo
After her PWA debut event in Fuerteventura 2003 Ania
Astrowska from Poland still sticks to her two major recipes of success: radical
go-for-it-attitude and Pozo (Gran Canary) as a hi wind training base.
- age: 21
- profession: professional
Simmer, RRD, Dakine
- When AND where did you learn how to
- In 2001 I had great opportunity to go to Maui. l remember
the first weeks when I wasn´t able to rig my sail, couldn´t jibe and I was walking
upwind all the time. That was quite a challenge for me.
Hmm. Hard to tell. I like all the moves I do. They are all fun.
- favorite move:
what do you train right now: spocks
Pozo, Gran Canaria
- favorite windsurfing spot:
Anything except Celine Dion, she drives me nuts.
Depends on my mood really.
- best music:
- last book you´ve read:
best food: turkey made by mama - it kicks ass!!!!
best drink: chocolate milk
- best film:
I have only one model - Daida. For her determination,
fearlessness, performance and perfectionism. She is a legend!!
- Who are your models in windsurfing?
- What causes you fear? I guess a big shark would freak me out and fat hairy spiders. All
that kind of stuff.
- What makes you laugh? My friends and my dog. (especialy now with the puppies), Simpsons
- With whom would you like to spend an
- With my parents. I hardly see them now.
- Windsurfing - better than sex? Why?
- Depends on the conditions.
- If you already know it - what do you like
about the "windgirls"-mag?
- The innovation - this is the first magazine that unites all
- tips for GIRLS who want to learn
- 1. watch the Morenos video
- 2. cut your fingernails
- 3. go biiig!!!
- What does windsurfing mean to you?
- It changed my life. It´s cool to see how far you can
progress. I meet great people, we have fun and we share our passion together on the water.
It gives me freedom. I can do out there whatever I want. Nothing is better.