- Funny Anne
Anne-Marie Reichman is living her dream.
The Dutch windgirl, to whom "windsurfing means the world", has a close
relationship to the ocean and her sport. And of course to Scott McKercher, her boyfriend
and travel mate, who finally made her move to his home Western Australia. Besides doing
travel stories, promos for Roxy and Naish and competing in PWA wave competitions
"Funny Anne" (as she calls herself) does yoga every morning and paints with oil
and acrylics. Once Anne-Marie was described like this: "She has a smile that can warm
the North Sea."
- date of birth: 01-11-1974
- profession: windsurfer
Naish boards, Naish sails, Roxy, H2 Organic, Wind Groep
- When AND where did you learn how to
- In the north of Holland, on a lake, when I was about twelve
years old playing and frollicking with my brother...
anything to do with wave riding a nice bottumturn, a cutback,
a lip smack or airial
- favorite move:
what do you train right now: working on "the waves", waveriding and jumping
Hookipa Maui, Margeret River Australia, Esperance Australia
- favorite windsurfing spot:
from chill outs, classic to club music to Led Zeppelin and ACDC. My mood will
dictate my taste at the time.
- best music:
"running from safety" by Richard Bach
- last book you´ve read:
- best film: house of the spirits
- best food: healthy, tasty, vegetarian
- best drink: water
Who are your models in windsurfing?
right now Scott McKercher, Jason Polakov, Levi
Siver, Keith Teboul and Tiffany Ward
- What causes you fear? The idea that sharks are out there, being pounded on a reef.
What makes you laugh? Cartoons, children, funny situations, friends, my last horoscope!
someone with humor, brains, and likes
- With whom would you like to spend an
It all depends. You can have a bad windsurfing
session and there are bad lovers out there... Windsurfing is normaly longer lasting
(exceptions there...) and I will be in an environment that I love! Plus I can do it when I
want, and my windsurf board is always up for it haha!
- Windsurfing - better than sex? Why?
- The famous 3 things to choose to take with
you to a lonely island? my diary, a pen,
- What do you like about the
- That we can share the "stoke" with all girls who
like wind, water and waves.
- tips for GIRLS who want to learn
- 1. have fun with it
- 2. You will be challenged
- 3. Never give up.
- What does windsurfing mean to you?
- It means "the world" to me. It has introduced me
to people, places, life lessons and so many different waves, that I might not have