Valk in the (Beach)Park
- sponsors: van
der Valk hotels and restaurants
where do you live:
- when did you start windsurfing?
- last year after king of the caribbean 2002. I saw the guys
and girls doing their things and thought by myself... I can do that too!!!
- how much competitons untill now? 3
- are you satisfied with your 5th
place at the worldcup Bonaire?
- Yes of course, I was very happy with some of my heats. I
never thought this could happen after not even one year of windsurfing. It was the first
time competing in a worldcup for me. It was very exciting. But it was a very cool
experience. And I am not gonna leave it with just this one.
do you want to compete more
worldcups? Yes I am sure of that!
I think it was great to meet them and I learned a
lot from looking and listening to them. Not only in the windsurfing but also their
behaviour afterwards (interviews etc.)
- what do you think about the twins and Karin?
It was fun, a lot of very funny people. The
organisation was good and the competition was even better.
- how did you like the week at the worldcup in
bonaire (people, organisation, competition...)?
I don't really have one yet. I think at the moment air duck jibe.
- favorite move:
on which move are you training:
vulcan, grubby, flaka.
school, windsurfing, competition. I am training
hard every day now. I want to keep going upwards. I don't have any more school plans. Only
- what are your plans for the future:
how often are you windsurfing: As much as possible, probably every day!
do you have other hobbies? wave surfing, wave sailing, scubadiving, fishing, singing.
- why do you think that not so many
girls are doing windsurfing?
- Maybe because it is a tough sport and there is not a lot of
attention for what the girls are doing. And of course it is hard for girls to get
- 3 tipps for girls who want to
- Keep your head up, never give up and if they say you can't
do it, work even harder to make it.
- What you always wanted to say? Power to the people ;)