Sarah-Quita is probably the most promising
freestyle talent in the "windgirls" world. Taking 5th place in her first ever
PWA competition, the young girl from Aruba makes no bones about her opinion on
controversal topics. She says: "The competition (in Bonaire) was a little
unfair and a lot of people know that." Or: "The twins
are good surfers but still they have to control their temper. They have to learn to deal
with losing." And finally: "Don't worry about the men,
don't let them scare you off, you can do just as good as them." Sarah-Quita is
just 12 years old.
- where do you live? Aruba, eagle
- windsurfing since?
I am windsurfing about 4 years now, but I started
freestyling 2 years ago.
- how much competitons till now? 6 competitions
are you satisfied with your 5th
place at the worldcup in Bonaire?
- very satisfied, it was great I didn't have
anything to lose so I tried everything I can, the people were very nice and we had good
food. The competition was a little unfair and a lot of people know that!!!!!!
- what do you think about the twins and Karin?The twins are good surfers but
still they have to control their temper. They have to learn to deal with losing!!!! Karin
is very nice and she helped us a lot, it's fun to hang out with her.
- on which move are you training: switch stance vulcan, flaka
trying to get sponsors go to more PWA events
- plans for the future:
because they are
not enough motivated. We need more people to thell the woman to keep on
when did you start windsurfing and
actually 3 years
but then I stopped and started with 9 years because my cousins came to aruba and we didn't
know what to do with them soo... We started surfing, my brother loved it right away
I didn't like it all at first.
- why do you think that not so much
girls are doing windsurfing?
what other hobbies do you have? skateboarding and screaming a lot (joke).
1. just try it
- three tipps for girls who want to
2. if it doesn't work try it again and again
3. don't worry about the men, don't let them scare you off you can do just as good as
What you always wanted to say?
enjoy life and don't let
anyone take your beach away!!!!!!!!!